Socializing with Animals in East Hanover
Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter welcomes volunteers to spend quality time with their adoptable dogs and cats. Time spent with an adoptable animal helps them feel loved, happy, and comfortable. Volunteers will assist in walking dogs and socializing with cats.
Volunteer Guidelines: COVID-19
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and wash your hands before, during, and after volunteering for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Volunteers should wear and bring a protective face mask.
- Volunteers will receive a brief orientation/training upon arrival.
- Volunteers should wear clothes they are comfortable working in.
- Being flexible is a plus as tasks may change based on necessity.
About Jersey Cares
290 West Mount Pleasant Ave, Suite 1320, Livingston, NJ 07039, US
As a leader in volunteerism in New Jersey, Jersey Cares increases the level of meaningful volunteer engagement by creating and managing efficient, impactful projects that address critical community-identified needs.
Jersey Cares works to meet community needs by making volunteering easy and meaningful. We provide flexible, structured, team-based opportunities for volunteers to impact a variety of nonprofit organizations and bring positive change to local communities. Jersey Cares works directly with local organizations to identify their needs, and trains volunteer leaders to manage projects that address those needs. Most projects are ongoing, and volunteers (other than the Project Coordinators) commit to only one day at a time. All of this enables you to volunteer whenever and however fits your interests and schedule, and yet always make a real difference. Simply choose "Volunteer" from the left menu to get started on your volunteering adventure!