Recruitment Project Coordinator
Dallas Pets Alive!
Recruitment Project Coordinator
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As our Recruitment Project Coordinator, you'll help acquaint our new volunteers to our organization through our orientation program. The orientation is a highly visible effort across our entire organization and will allow you to not only guide new volunteers but also to get to collaborate directly with members of our Leadership Team who will be given the opportunity to participate in our orientation as guest speakers.
As your schedule allows, you can also be involved in other projects to help drive applicants towards our organization’s open volunteer opportunities.
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: This role reports to the Assistant Director of Recruitment along with the Volunteer Director.
Works with: This role will have frequent contact with members of the Volunteer Department including our Assistant Director of Onboarding and our Onboarding/Recruitment Assistant. Will also interact with DPA Leadership and our new volunteers.
- Help drive orientation for new volunteers, responsibilities to include:
- Managing signups using Eventbrite (sending reminder emails, tracking attendance, sending follow-up emails)
- Coordinating guest speakers (who are more often than not, members of our Leadership team)
- Managing content (updating slide deck, creating guest speaker slides)
- Presenting orientation on average 1-2 times every other month (explaining our org, coordinating 1-2 icebreaker activities, interviewing our guest speaker, explaining our open positions)
- Suggesting new ideas to engage volunteers and continuously improve the sessions
- As time allows, assist with ad-hoc projects to attract more volunteers to our openings (flexible in nature, mainly consist of seeking new posting/sourcing opportunities)
- Supporting our Onboarding/Recruitment Assistant on posting open volunteer opportunities on an as-needed basis
- Must have HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Interest and/or experience in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting a plus
- Proficiency with use of Gmail and Google applications (Google Sheets, Slides, Docs, and Hangouts)
- Ability to work within deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Curiosity to learn and a willingness to think outside the box and go against the status quo
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.