20 people are interested
Active Board for Small Nonprofit Looking for Trustees
ORGANIZATION: The Montclair Inn
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Ready to be part of a small, but growing and dynamic team that is providing an absolutely essential service to independent seniors? Want to volunteer as a Trustee on our Board and have a real impact? Not afraid to roll up your sleeves?
The Board of Trustees at The Montclair Inn is looking to expand! We currently have 9 board members and we are looking for at least 5 more with specific areas of expertise. Most importantly, we are looking for individuals who are interested in supporting our mission. We are a small non-profit in the heart of Montclair, NJ that provides affordable housing for seniors ages 55+. In this current environment post-COVID it is even more critical to have Trustees with flexible and varied skills to help us to thrive. You can have an impact!
Here are the skills that we are searching for:
1. A person (s) with a passion for finances who would work along with our Board Chair and Executive Director and perform all duties pertaining to the position of Board Treasurer.
2. A person who has an interest in/passion for community building and can help us build partnerships in and around the Montclair community.
3. A person who has a background in technology. to help our Executive Director with various online projects.
4. A person who has experience with the 55+ population and an interest in senior advocacy.
Each individual Montclair Inn Board Member is expected to
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission
- give a meaningful personal financial donation
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees
Thank you for your interest in The Montclair Inn!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Montclair Inn
27 Hillside Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042, US
Montclair Shared Housing Association (MSHA) is a non-profit organization that operates the Montclair Inn - a beautiful, historic home that provides an ideal destination for seniors to age in our vibrant community. The Inn offers affordable, comfortable, and communal living in a diverse, vibrant, and easily accessible community.
The Montclair Inn is a 22 room residence for independent seniors. Residents pay monthly rent which includes meals, utilities, and use of our laundry facility.
27 Hillside AvenueMontclair, NJ 07042
July 21, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Organization Design
- Facilities Management
- Community Outreach
- Elder care
- People 55+
- 5-7 hours a month