Young Professionals Board
Who are we?
We are a network of young professionals from a variety of backgrounds and industries. Our goal is simple: to dramatically increase the number of historically underrepresented students graduating with postsecondary degrees with little-to-no student debt. We do this by harnessing the power of people and technology to bring transparency to college costs through our student-centered tools so that all students are equipped to invest in their futures.
From lending pro bono operational support, consulting on organizational strategy, to working with Moneythink National as a member of the various subcommittees, our Young Professionals Board is an extension of our team.
- Marketing & PR (works with traditional and nontraditional channels including social media, paid ad spend campaigns, stakeholder outreach, and other forms of getting out the Moneythink + YPB name)
- Product (assist in the development of our ed-tech product DecidED in a variety of domains, including human centered design, QA, engineering, user research, and new feature validation)
- Partnerships ( focuses on creating partnerships with organizations, college access and financial literacy groups, and designing virtual programming for the larger Moneythink community)
Who should apply?
Early to mid-career professionals interested in or working within financial literacy, college access, and affordability and eager to have a direct impact with a social impact nonprofit leader in financial capability for traditionally under-served youth. Please note, we recruit by subcommittee!
Benefits to Member
- Opportunity to make a direct contribution to a social impact organization
- Name listed on website & marketing materials
- Networking opportunities
- Professional development
All applicants will submit a written application which will be reviewed by current YPB members. We will attempt to interview all applicants and once interviews are completed, acceptances will be sent out in November.
Please visit our YPB website (http://moneythinkypb.mystrikingly.com/) or apply directly through this link: https://forms.gle/qe3jvz564i1BHsuG6
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Personal connection to an equity and social justice-based mission
- Interest in professional learning and growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to positively embrace new assignments and challenges
- Creative self-starter who can be productive and make progress while working independently and within a team
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance a variety of tasks and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to work in a fast-paced nonprofit environment that also values work / life balance
- Ability to respect and maintain program and technology confidentiality
- Fluency with contemporary digital tools, platforms, and web-based software (preference for Google Suite, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and Adobe Creative Suite applications)
- Digital marketing knowledge, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Wordpress, LinkedIn), campaign strategy, and best practices
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Front-end or back-end development
- Copywriting and editing
- Graphic design or motion media production skills
- Languages spoken: Spanish, Cantonese, Tagalog
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
100 S STATE ST 4TH FLOOR, CHICAGO, IL 60603, US
Moneythink is an American non-profit organization that harnesses the power of people and technology to bring transparency to college costs while ensuring that all students have the opportunity to complete a post-secondary degree with little to no debt.
Through its products, Moneythink works to ensure that all students, especially those from traditionally under-represented communities, are able to minimize financial complexity and risk while maximizing potential as they navigate the college matriculation process and beyond. As a leader in youth-focused financial wellness since 2008, Moneythink has served over 32,000 students. In fall 2020, Moneythink is releasing a public-facing, no cost version of its Award Comparison Tool, the first of its kind to use optical character recognition and machine learning.