Process Analyst & Technical Writer
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
- Achieving breakthroughs means that there are no typical days.
- Today, over 2,000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages. JAARS believe the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form and we urgently need you to join the team.
- The Process Analyst & Technical Writer provides and manages organized, consistent documentation by analyzing and reviewing vendor materials and adapting them to the needs of JAARS. The Process Analyst & Technical Writer is a member of the Technology & Business Solutions team. This position can be full-time or part-time with a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver internal, customer-focused documentation; write documents such as tutorials, user guides and reference materials for computer programs
- Collaborate with internal business solutions specialists to analyze processes and workflows, content analysts, project teams, support teams and internal stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality and user-friendly documentation for JAARS technology
- Engage and partner with customers on their feedback to address documentation content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Analyze user interaction with computer programs from which documentation is written
- May assist in the production of in-house technical periodicals and in writing computer-based training materials
Aptitudes, Gifting and Experience
- A servant heart attitude
- Competent in writing instructional material
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well as part of a team; collaborative
- Possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, able to work with a variety of JAARS departments and teams
- A self-starter, who works independently and manages multiple responsibilities
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Process Engineering or equivalent experience
- Competency with Google Docs
- Familiar with G Suite, collaboration tools and video communications
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.