Material Management Consultant
Target Staff Type Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The Material Management Consultant will develop complex, end-to-end material management operational guidance and business practices for, but not limited to, requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, inventory, returns and invoice reconciliation activities. As a consultative resource, this team member will assess, analyze, design, develop and assist in the implementation of new material management processes, policies, workflows and change practices that will add sustained and significant value and efficiency to the organization.
- Analyze and recommend material management policies, procedures, plans and programs with focus on improving long term scalability and sustainable organizational value and efficiency.
- Assist in the development of reports, metrics and KPIs to update progress within the material management activities, projects and programs.
- Provide recommendations that enhance and clarify change management communication and messaging.
- Map key organizational linkages and critical interfaces between department stakeholders; define roles and responsibilities for team members across departments that improve collaboration, trust efficiency and teamwork.
- Develop recommendations for learning, training and/or coursework for internal team members and internal department stakeholders on material management activities and/or related organizational functions.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Senior consultative expertise in material management, purchase management, inventory controls and supply chain of direct and indirect goods and services. As a consultative resource, the candidate will assess, design, develop and assist in the implementation of new processes, policies, workflows and change practices procurement-related activities that will add significant value and efficiency to the organization
- Degree in Material Management, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, related discipline or equivalent experience, preferably with a CPA and supply chain certification(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to present highly technical information and complex solutions in reasonable and simple business explanation
- Experienced technical familiarity in ERP, computer, automated material management and procurement systems; ability to read and interpret highly technical material and implement routine to advanced solutions
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision in detailed work
- Skills in collaboration, diagnostic information gathering, organization, multi-tasking, achieving results and persuasive oral and written communication
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.