Tutor and/or Career Sharing-After School Programs
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
North Greenwood Recreation Center offers after-school programs from 2:30-7:00p for students in middle and high-school. We are currenlty looking for volunteers to assist with tutoring services in subject areas such as math, science and language arts. We are specifically in need of tutors are versed in algebra, algebra II and geometry. The middle school students arrive first around 2:30p with the high school students arriving at 4:30p.
Our teens are also exposed to career fields at least once a month through brining in speakers representing a variety of career opportunities such as real estate, legal, construction, sound engineering and other fields. We are always looking for people to come in and discuss their respective field of employment so that the teens are exposed to as many employment opportunities as possible.
If interested please contact the Volunteer Manager at Alyssa.Gaudreault@myclearwater.com.
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.