Finance Director for Brain Emulation Alliance
Carboncopies Foundation for Substrate Independent Minds INC
About Carboncopies and Brain Emulation Alliance
At the Carboncopies Foundation, we believe that the possibilities and opportunities enabled by Whole Brain Emulation (WBE) represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species.
To achieve WBE, essential advances are needed in neurobiology, neurophysiology, brain imaging, micro- and nanoscale technologies, computational neuroscience, computing hardware, and even the philosophy of mind. We provide peer networks and project opportunities to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation and recognize that there is a long road ahead of us.
The Brain Emulation Alliance (BEA) is a project and offshoot of Carboncopies with the goal of launching a separate non-profit entity aimed at connecting businesses, organisations and other interested parties related to the goal of enabling Whole Brain Emulation (WBE). BEA is currently in the start-up phase meaning you will have the opportunity to help grow the Brain Emulation Alliance into a self-sustaining non-profit, where your effort gets well funded.
We are looking for a Finance Director to lead the Brain Emulation Alliance (BEA) from a financial perspective. You will work alongside the Managing Director and the Chief Strategy and Partnerships Officer and take ownership of all organisation’s fiscal and regulatory matters.
Your tasks will include:
- Reviewing the budgets, rates and other financial commitments proposed by the commercial team to clients, ensuring the revenue pipeline remains stable.
- Ensuring legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Designing, implementing and overseeing the organization’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Identifying and addressing financial risks and opportunities for the organization.
- Developing financial models for tracking and forecasting a) the organization's finances and b) clients' return on investment in various brain emulation solutions.
- Establishing good working relationships with the management and collaborating on the organization's strategy and policy development.
- Take on other hands-on tasks as necessary in the early stages of the organization.
The following qualifications and/or experience aren’t required but would be helpful for you in taking on this role:
- Fascination and active interest in neuroscience, biotechnology, artificial intelligence or other relevant emerging fields.
- Experience with non-profit fiscal activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including experience in profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Ability to work independently, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Questions about the recruiting processes: email@example.com
Questions about the Brain Emulations Alliance: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Carboncopies Foundation for Substrate Independent Minds INC
2443 FILLMORE ST 380-6190, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94115, US
The Carboncopies Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides support to scientists working on challenges critical to whole brain emulation (WBE). We believe that the possibilities and opportunities afforded by WBE represent the most promising technological path to overcoming our fundamental limitations as a species and as individuals.
To promote and accelerate the whole brain emulation, our foundation is focused on:
Encouraging scientific collaboration to create stepping-stone technologies
Publishing reviews of scientific literature and technology developments
Maintaining R&D roadmaps to identify and address scientific and engineering challenges
Increasing general awareness of the human adaptability gap and the possibility that neural prosthesis, whole brain emulation and substrate-independent mind may offer solutions
Hosting conferences or workshops, and providing informational material