Tutor for Children in Foster Care
Department of Human Services
Provide learning assistance to foster care children who are currently engaged in distance learning programs. Tutoring assistance would be completed virtually over Zoom or other video conferencing system.
Help students with identified areas in which they require more one-on-one assistance. Subjects include, but are not limited to math, reading/writing, science, and social studies.
Tutor Duties and Responsibilities
- Discuss and identify the subject(s) or problem the student needs help with
- Help the student with problem-solving in an easy to understand manner
- Provide encouragement and positive motivation
- Collaborate with the student and foster parents to evaluate student needs
- Document progress to discuss with foster parents
About Department of Human Services
500 Summer St NE, Salem, OR 97301, US
To help Oregonians in their own communities achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is Oregon’s principal agency for helping Oregonians achieve wellbeing and independence through opportunities that protect, empower, respect choice and preserve dignity, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
DHS provides direct services to more than 1 million Oregonians each year. These services provide a key safety net for those in our society who are most vulnerable or who are at a difficult place in their life.