Onboarding and Training Specialist
JAIA: Just As I Am YOUth Empowerment
The ideal Onboarding and Training Specialist will embrace our mission to empower youth/young adults towards self-mastery and leadership. JAIA is seeking an Onboarding and Training Specialist who will develop a deep understanding of JAIA, welcome and lead the onboarding process for newly accepted volunteers, ensuring that volunteers are all given the same information and have the same understanding of JAIA and the work the organization is doing. The ideal Onboarding and Training Specialist understands that training is important for volunteers to have positive experiences and to excel in their roles. The Onboarding and Training Specialist will work closely with the Volunteer Manager to create or find external training opportunities to support the needs of volunteers. The Onboarding and Training Specialist will work to foster relationships with partner agencies, maintain meticulous records to track trainings provided, and attendance. They will create and analyze evaluations and use the feedback to shape future trainings provided. The Onboarding and Training Specialist will ensure materials used (trainings, volunteer handbook, videos, etc.) and instruction modalities can be understood by a broader audience. This position will report to the Volunteer Manager.
- Exhibits the shared values of Collaboration, Commitment, Creativity, Initiative, Integrity, Responsibility, Service & Vision
- Outstanding communications skills - written and oral.
- Previous and proven successful record of creating and leading trainings
- Creative and thorough in presentation planning and implementation, using visuals (such as PowerPoints) to support engagement.
- Able to create strong assessment tools and analyze information; making note of trends
- Utilize knowledge of adult learning styles to inform and strengthen presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Strong researcher; Organized and able to maintain accurate records
- Skilled networker, able to build professional relationships and identify connection opportunities.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Proficient in email and calendar functioning
- Experience with social media platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- Previous experience working in an organization similar to JAIA and having successful results.
About JAIA: Just As I Am YOUth Empowerment
P.O. Box 20226, Brooklyn, NY 11202, US
Our mission is to partner and co-create with youth in order to promote mindful, healthy and safe communities through transformative personal and leadership development. Our Vision is to develop conscious, confident leaders nationally and globally through youth led and adult guided programming. JAIA imagines a world where youth voices are valued and included for the advancement of healthier communities.
JAIA Just As I AM YOUth Empowerment ,
is a personal and spiritual development leadership program serving youth and young adults ages 16-21.
Through the use of social emotional learning, Ethical development and Mindfulness Techniques, JAIA YOUth offers empowering
self-development workshops, peer coaching & leadership training, and life coaching.