Purpose and Duties: ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. A front desk volunteer may be the first point of contact that a caller or visitor has with the organization. At all times, they must demonstrate a warm, professional and helpful attitude.
Time Commitment: Shifts are flexible.
Training/ Requirements: Computer literacy and phone etiquette.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Greet visitors, tutors and learners when they enter the center.
· Ensure visitors get the help they require in a timely manner.
· Answer the phone. Take and record messages as needed.
· Monitor the volume level in the center and report challenging situations to staff.
· Help staff with small administrative tasks, when requested
· Be at least 55 years old.
· Must have a driver license.
· Be willing to adhere to all program policies, including a level II background check.
· Very good written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of computers, adaptive technologies and software an asset, but not required
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.