ALERT! Mental Health Professionals Needed! Psychologist, MFT, Psychiatrist, LMSW, School Counselors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Disaster Mental Health Associates is a HYBRID ( In person/Virtual) Postition Respond to the psychosocial needs of people affected by a disaster, including Red Cross disaster workers, across the continuum of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Willingness to support Red Cross Mission
- Identifying mental health needs through individual psychological triage and mental health surveillance.
- Promoting resilience and coping, including enhanced psychological first aid (EPFA), individual psychoeducation, community-level support, and community resilience training.
- Providing targeted disaster mental health interventions, including secondary assessment and
- referrals, crisis intervention, casualty support, and advocacy.
Flexible. Volunteers can work locally to respond to the needs of victims affected in local house fires, can participate in local preparations and exercises, and can deploy to help with local or national disasters. a
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submission of vaccine status and supporting documentation in Volunteer Connection if participating in in-person activities and/or performing work in a Red Cross facility.
- Must be an either: a current school psychologist, a current school counselor, a current psychiatric nurse, or a licensed mental health professional--hold a current, unencumbered license from, or is registered with, any U.S. state or territory as a social worker, psychologist, professional counselor, marriage and family therapist, or psychiatrist (any level license/registration, including non-clinical licenses such as Licensed Masters Social Worker or LMSW).
- Collaborative, assertive, and flexible working style.
- Ability to participate and contribute in regular meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in constructive and proactive problem-solving.
- Knowledge of Disaster Mental Health activity guidance.
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
November 6, 2023
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Occupational Therapy
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Time commitment varies based on availability. Responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours.
- We are looking for local heroes to positively impact your community for disaster relief Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation.