4 people are interested
ALERT!! Disaster Action Team Members Needed! Impact Your Community! (In-Person)
4 people are interested
The Red Cross San Bernardino County Chapter is in need of Disaster Action Team Volunteers.
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters and assist the Red Cross in delivering mission by alleviating human suffering caused by disasters. DAT Associates respond to the needs of victims of local disasters (such as house fires)and provides them with compassion and the resources needed to meet their immediate needs (such as shelter, food, and clothes.) The Disaster Action Team (DAT) serves as the first, on-the-scene, Red Cross contact at the site of a disaster. While not considered first responders in the technical sense, DAT members are typically the first people at a disaster scene who provide comfort and direct assistance to help those who have been affected as they begin the recovery process.
This position is responsible for the tasks involved in the Disaster Action Team program including:
- Supporting the annual goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for DAT services through participation in meetings, projects, and local response activities.
- Completes all required training and maintains current training standards as DAT program requirements change.
- Attends regular team meetings and training as required by the region/territory.
- Completes assigned projects and local response activities according to the needs of the DAT program. (Preparing vehicles, response materials, administrative support of the DAT program and other tasks assigned by the DAT Leader
Time Commitment: Time commitment varies based on availability. DAT responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours.
- Must be fully vaccinated no later than December 31, 2021, with required supporting documentation. Note that fully vaccinated means at least two weeks after the final dose of vaccine.
*Preferably Bilingual (looking for fluency in English and Spanish)
*Ability to be a team player
*Able to respond at all hours or as scheduled with own transportation
*Non-judgmental and aware of diversity issues
*Able to maintain confidentiality with clients matters
* Must be capable of working at a disaster scene
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today ! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino HIGH DESERT County Chapter
10600 N. Trademark Parkway, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
17199 Yuma St. Suite 2Victorville, CA 92395
November 10, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies based on availability. DAT responses may be completed in less than an hour or take as long as three to four hours.
- Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter .Must be fully vaccinated