Grow with our non-profit organization by providing much needed support to our organization. Help us lay the foundation of this new organization and work to provide positive technical, social + environmental change. We need volunteers who are passionate about our cause, mission, goals, projects, and programs and have proven interests in these fields and spheres that we represent.
SOCIAL JUSTICE PROGRAM MANAGER
The Social Justice Program Manager will work with the Social Justice Subcommittee Chair to conduct analysis, design, and deliver intercultural competence programs to promote awareness and understanding of racial injustice, bias-related incidents, diversity, equity and inclusion.
· Support the design and implementation of programs, policies and processes that promote a culture of inclusion and reflect shared accountability for diversity and inclusion across the organization.
· Apply judgment in tailoring methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of programs/projects and business units.
· Be an internal resource for executives, managers and team members on complex racial, social injustice and diversity issues; helping find solutions that benefit the organization, clients, and community.
· Develop and implement socially and culturally sensitive related training with content and delivery mechanisms appropriate to different types and levels of volunteers.
· Lead social justice related education, communication, and events to ensure that all volunteers understand concepts, the value they bring to the organization and how to use best practices in their roles.
· Collaborate with Volunteer Affairs department to analyze work and provide advisement on opportunities to identify blind spots, biases and barriers that hinder diverse and inclusive volunteer recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention and development strategies.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, instructional design, diversity & inclusion, or similar field or possesses a certification in diversity, equity, and inclusion as a practitioner.
Proven experience in developing and executing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs.
Community involvement or outreach on social justice initiatives.
Ability to facilitate discussions on sensitive topics and situations while having the ability to decode the environment and adjust accordingly.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Active Listening - can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees; utilizes strong listening skills to formulate direct, responsive answers to questions
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Collaborative - cooperates and works willingly with others to create solutions that benefit all involved
Cross Cultural Awareness - able to adapt effectively to various cultural environments socially, ethnically and maintain awareness of different values associated with cultures.