Changemaker Project Intern
The Changemaker Project Internship Opportunity
Are you passionate about education for social change? Join The Changemaker Project and help us empower the next generation of leaders and changemakers who are building a better world.
The Changemaker Project is a design challenge for teens who want to change the world. We educate students about the multitude of social justice issues affecting people, animals, and the environment via an online course, accessible from anywhere in the world. We teach students to think creatively and critically, work as a team, and use Stanford’s Design Thinking process in order to generate an innovative solution to an issue they are passionate about. The course culminates in a global pitch event, where teams pitch their world-changing projects for a chance to have them funded.
Over the past three years, we’ve reached over 1000 students in 25 countries and helped youth aged 13-24 #bethechange they wish to see. We hope to reach even more students this year, and we need your help!
We are hiring two interns to help us grow-- through marketing, school outreach, and fundraising. Interns will work together as a team and support one another throughout the semester, and should be comfortable working both in a team and independently (remotely). This position is ideal for students who have some experience working in schools and/or studying education, who are interested in getting hands-on experience in development work and helping a nonprofit grow.
Job duties will include:
- Data analysis and research (using our survey data)
- Updating website (using Wix)
- Video production and editing
- Newsletter and communication management
- Researching schools youth organizations to partner with
- Outreach to schools and other organizations
- Researching grant opportunities and developing a grants calendar
- Collaborating on grantwriting and other fundraising efforts
- Curating social justice content for curriculum and social media
- Assisting with the planning and execution of our pitch event in June
- Additional duties as needed
- Strong writing skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communicator
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Hard-working and dedicated
- Passion for social justice
- Facility with Google products (email, docs, sheets, forms, etc.)
- Facility with MailChimp, Zapier, and other automation software
- Experience with grant writing
- Experience working with youth
- Experience with social media
This internship will run the length of the 2020-2021 school year (dates flexible). The position will require roughly 8-10 hours/week, primarily remote work (esp. due to COVID.)
This is an unpaid internship opportunity. Compensation will come in the form of a valuable learning experience, professional development support, opportunity to be creative and design something powerful that will change the world for the better, and a good letter of recommendation for a job well done.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference in your cover letter which of the relevant skills and experiences you have that would make you a qualified candidate.
You can learn more about The Changemaker Project by visiting our website: thechangemakerproject.org or following us on social media . Thank you for your interest in the position!
About CHANGEMAKER PROJECT
WALNUT ST, BERKELEY, CA 94709, US
Our mission at The Changemaker Project is to empower youth to innovate social change.
Over the past two years, we've empowered nearly 1000 young changemakers in 22 countries to #bethechange they wish to see. We offer students ages 13-24 the tools, mentorship, and funding they need to make a meaningful impact on the world. Students join our online course, learn about social justice issues, form teams and choose a problem to tackle, utilize Stanford's Design Thinking process to create innovative solutions, and pitch their ideas for funding. Along the way, we pair them with mentors from the community to support them and provide guidance on their projects. Sign up today to mentor a team of changemakers!