7 people are interested
Disability Energy Champion Volunteer
7 people are interested
Established in 2000, Caudwell Children is a national charity which works to transform the lives of disabled children and their families, enabling them to challenge the barriers they face throughout childhood by providing practical and emotional support.
The charity is going through an exciting period of growth having recently opened a new state-of-the-art facility for multi-disciplinary therapy programmes for childhood disability and research of neurodevelopmental conditions, including autism, within the grounds of Keele University.The family support service that we deliver at Caudwell Children is instrumental in ensuring that we help as many disabled children as we can. The energy redress scheme is a funded project to support parents/ carers of disabled children in their own home, to provide the family support that they need, as well as to identify and engage families to address energy efficiency and affordability, a huge step to transforming the lives of disabled children.
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
Caudwell children transforms the lives of disabled children across the UK. We act as a safety net for families who are unable to gain the help they need. We dont believe in waiting lists for children. We treat families and their children as individuals We are a national charity with a local heart The Charity's management and running costs are covered by a kind benefactor so that donations go directly to help children in need.
Caudwell Children can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- Mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
- Fully supported family holidays for children fighting life threatening illnesses
BirminghamBirmingham, United Kingdom
November 15, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Able to dedicate at least 3 hours per week, preferably flexible
- Access to vehicle and driver's license desirable but not required