HOPE ESPERANZA RESTORATION AND EMPOWERMENT CENTER INCORPORATED
The H.E.R.E is one of the leaders in our field in the Metropolitan area. We take pride in treating our volunteers like family. We're now recruiting a Accountant to join the The H.E.R.E Center Team. If you're hard-working and dedicated, The H.E.R.E Center is an excellent company for you. Apply today!
Responsibilities for Accountant
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
Qualifications for Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
About HOPE ESPERANZA RESTORATION AND EMPOWERMENT CENTER INCORPORATED
11288 BURBERRY ST, WHITE PLAINS, MD 20695, US
The H.E.R.E Center is dedicated to providing holistic services to families who have experienced trauma.
The H.E.R.E Center is a multi-cultural 501c3 Non-profit organization, dedicated to empowering families from various walks of life. The H.E.R. E Center is committed to restoring hope through various programs, and services. We provide life skills, coping strategies, workshops, advocacy, seminars, mentoring, counseling services, job placement, utilities assistance, moving assistance and emergency placement to families in need. Through our services we empower and enlighten victims of trauma, providing the tools needed to live a fulfilled life. The H.E.R.E Center is a new agency, operating since March 2016. However, we have managed to service over 500 families within the DC. Maryland and Virginia area. Come, Be apart of the change and Join our team!