COME: Outreach Programs Operations & Delivery Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
Visit https://volunteers-jerseystem.icims.com/jobs/ to Apply!!
The CE Operations and Program Delivery Lead builds and maintains a positive relationship with the community host sites. She/he ensures that program delivery at the host sites runs as smoothly as possible, overseeing our Coaches (college student teachers), community sites (YMCA, schools, library partnerships), and community site logistics.
Open to US based volunteers only.
- Oversee Community Site Managers and Coach Managers, building a supportive and strong operations & delivery team (interview and train new members)
- Build relationships with partner community sites
- Provide direction to team on process steps and work with them to improve the delivery process
- Handle the logistics of how the classes will be taught at the community site (virtual vs in person; number of students; number of Coaches needed for program delivery)
- Ensure all forms and documentation (MOUs, parent approvals, volunteer agreements/background checks) are in place prior to program delivery
- Work closely with Community Engagement Strategy & Planning Lead as well as Community Engagement Technology Applications Lead
- Oversee the process of mentor-assignment to Coaches
- Oversee the process for Coach support/answering questions during program delivery
- Participate in weekly COME department meetings
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience leading a team
- Experience building a team a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively/out of the box
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Previous experience with college/university volunteerism a plus
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
At this time, we are only able to enlist the help of volunteers with an address in the United States or Canada. If you are not located in the United States or Canada, pls do not apply to JerseySTEM and and good luck applying to the many great charities who are equipped to manage non US/Canada based volunteers. Good Luck. JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 11, 2023
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 6-8 hours / week, 6 month minimum commitment
- JerseySTEM is a virtual organization. Volunteers work remotely using their personal computer and wifi.