Venice Family Clinic Week of Action Volunteer
Venice Family Clinic
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Venice Family Clinic's Week of Action is a moment for everyone in our community to come together with acts of service and kindness to help those in need.
There are multiple ways to get involved during our Week of Action; Give, Create, Serve, Engage, Donate, and Share. Here is how you and your organization can get involved:
Give: Buy items that help keep our patients healthy and thriving.
- Shop our Amazon Wishlist to buy items that will help us help our patients like yoga blocks for their health and wellness, lens cleaning cloths for their vision visits, and clothing for our patients experiencing homelessness.
- Buy books for us to give to our pediatric patients. We especially need teen and preteen books, particularly featuring characters representative of our patient community. Check out our recommended book list.
- Buy holiday toys or host a new toy drive with your friends and family.
Don’t forget to shop using Amazon Smile and Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to us when you choose Venice Family Clinic as your charity.
Create: Create care packages for our homeless patients or school supply kits for our pediatric patients.
- In a gallon Ziploc bag, add hotel sized soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, lotion, band-aids, and feminine hygiene products.
- In a backpack, add a pencil box, crayons, eraser, student scissors, glue sticks, pens, markers, notebooks, folders, and lined paper.
- Design homemade bookmarks to give to our pediatric patients.
- Make cheery handwritten holiday cards and notes that we will give to families.
Item drop off: Thursday, October 15 from 10am to 3pm
Simms/Mann Health & Wellness Clinic - 2509 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405or by appointment.
Serve: Serve our neighbors through volunteerism.
- Sign up to help distribute nutritious food to patients and the community at Venice Family Clinic’s weekly food distribution events.
- Have other talents that you think you could offer to help our patients? Let us know what you suggest!
Engage: Raise your voice about issues that are important to our patients.
- Sign up to volunteer at our clinic sites to help our patients register to vote.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking meaningful steps to help our patients and our community, we look forward to celebrating our 50th year Anniversary with you!
About Venice Family Clinic
We are located in Venice, Santa Monica, Culver City and Mar Vista, Venice, CA 90291, US
To provide quality health care to people in need.
Visit our website to view even more opportunities!
Founded in 1970 in a borrowed storefront dental office, the Clinic has grown into the largest free clinic in the nation. Founder Phillip Rossman, MD, and co-founder Mayer B. Davidson, MD, called upon friends and colleagues to help. That spirit of volunteerism prevails today with nearly 1,900 volunteers and $10.5 million in-kind contributions from hospitals, laboratories, specialty-care providers and pharmaceutical companies.
Programs and Services
The Clinic provides comprehensive primary health care, mental health services, health education and child development services, as well as public insurance enrollment to more than 21,000 patients, including approximately 5,500 children, who make over 116,000 visits. Prescription medicines are provided at no charge.
Patients, most of whom live and work in the Westside neighborhoods of Venice, Mar Vista, Santa Monica, Culver City, and Inglewood, are low income and lack private health insurance. Sixteen percent of the Clinic's patients are homeless.