Contactless Meal Deliveries to School Families in Balt. City
Family Services Division - Catholic Charities Baltimore
The Villa Maria School serves elementary and middle school students from Baltimore City and surrounding counties when their own school cannot meet their behavioral needs. Due to the pandemic, Villa Maria School (VMS), like all Maryland schools, cannot provide the in-person, therapeutic environment needed for these students to thrive.
While VMS utilizes distance-learning, we will reach Villa Maria School community in their homes by delivering prepared meals once a week. Your volunteer effort will help combat isolation, express care, and meet essential needs until students can return to campus.
When you sign up please indicate your geographical preference for deliveries. We will also confirm a cell phone number where we can reach each driver in your party. Meal pickups will take place from 10 AM-12 PM each Friday; masks must be worn. Pick-ups will be at the loading dock of the Catholic Charities building at 2300 Dulaney Valley Road in Timonium. You may know this as the former Villa Maria building. Delivery will be contactless and meals will be left at doorsteps. Detailed instructions and delivery addresses will be provided to you before you make your first delivery.
About Family Services Division - Catholic Charities Baltimore
Central & Western Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21093, US
Family Services is a division of Catholic Charities of Baltimore, which includes nearly half of the agency's 80 programs. Catholic Charities of Baltimore is inspired by the Gospel mandates to love, serve, teach, and work for justice. We provide several categories of care and services to improve the lives of Marylanders in need: (1) behavioral, emotional and mental health, child welfare, special education, early childhood and family-development services (formerly Child & Family Services - St. Vincent's Villa, Villa Maria Schools, Villa Maria Community Resources, Center for Family Services). (2) care, training, and therapy for adults with intellectual disabilities (Gallagher Services). (3) violence prevention and interruption (Safe Streets Baltimore - Sandtown-Winchester).
Our services include:
- Villa Maria Schools - educational and clinical services for children with significant emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges.
- St. Vincent's Villa - residential treatment and diagnostic facilities for children with significant emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Villa Maria behavioral health outpatient clinics
- In-Home intervention
- Crisis Response Services (B-CARS)
- Safe Start - early screening, intervention and referral for children at risk of abuse and neglect.
- In-school mental and behavioral health consultation and treatment.
- Family support groups and other resources
- Home-based respite
- Treatment foster care
- Adoption services
- See http://bit.ly/cfsvolunteermap for a map of our child welfare and behavioral health programs around the state.
- Gallagher Services
- Safe Streets Baltimore - Sandtown-Winchester