70 people are interested
70 people are interested
TUTORS URGENTLY NEEDED! SIGN UP NOW TO GET STARTED IMMEDIATELY.
This volunteer position provides a great work-life balance and flexibility as you'll work remotely. You can decide how many students you can tutor and schedule your own sessions. Volunteer Tutors can receive community service or service-learning hours if needed. ***NOTE: If you're interested, please copy and paste this link in your web browser to apply: https://olivetreetutoring.org/volunteer-academic-tutor/
If your application is not received, we will assume you are no longer interested. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER INCASE OUR EMAIL DID NOT GO TO YOUR INBOX.****
Requirements to be a Volunteer Academic Tutor are as follows:
- Must have acquired skills to produce results in your subject areas of strength.
- Must have an interest and creative ability in working with young and teens with academic barriers.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with elementary, middle, or high school age groups.
- Must have the flexibility in your schedule to properly facilitate tutoring sessions online using laptop/computer with internet access.
- Must be able to properly assess a student's academic strength and weaknesses to provide suggestions on problem-areas you can begin focusing on.
- High School applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- College or Graduate school applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Gain Community Service or Service Learning Hours.
- Work-Life Balance and flexibility.
- Opportunity to be selected and recognized as a Volunteer Tutor of the Month in your community and the entire Olive Tree Tutoring community.
- Giving back to your community and producing merit.
- Gaining experience working with youth in your field of interest or area of expertise.
- Building your resume/CV for credibility.
About OLIVE TREE TUTORING INC
PO BOX 1499, AUSTELL, GA 30168, US
Our mission is to serve thriving students & the general public at large using a tailored tutor-mentorship approach as they pursue life. To foster a sense of belonging and a strong circle of support, our tutors use the principles of love and care with our students.
Our goal with Olive Tree Tutoring is to use a non-traditional teaching model that helps students grow at their own pace. Our youth are the future. We believe they deserve to have amazing people in their lives that can help them grow and prosper. Whether our students need academic or personal help, we’re here to answer that calling!
We offer 2 different programs - one of which has 3-tiers.
Our first program is Tutoring - We help grades K-12, College Students, and ESL learners (ages 5 and up).
Subjects covered: K-12 Math, Science, English, Social Studies, History, Reading / Phonics, and Essay Writing.
Our second service consists of our 3 tier mentorship programs: Therapeutic Mentoring, S.T.E.A.D.Y Athletic Training, and Career Readiness for Entrepreneurs.
Our mentorship programs are here to help students in need of guidance and stimulation. In order for one to feel valued and be inspired to improve their quality of life, they need positive reinforcement, an inclusive environment that provides outlets they enjoy for mental and emotional support.
Our 3-Tier Mentor-ship program is what makes us a non-traditional tutoring organization. We are most proud of our model because it allows us to avoid the revolving door sales approach so that our students can be molded into becoming the best version of themselves!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 7, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer Tutor makes his/her own schedule.
- College or Graduate and High School Applicants will be asked to submit an unofficial transcript.