Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation Treasurer Committee Member
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Do you love dogs, cats, and critters? Do you also have a passion for accounting and financial management ? If so, we have a position for you!
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a v olunteer Treasurer Committee Member to assist our current Treasurer with all accounting operations of a functioning 501(c)3 nonprofit . This is an un paid position and will requ ire approximately 3-5 hours of work weekly on average .
If interested, please email EricaF@seattleanimalshelterfoundation.org with your resume
- Work with the contract bookkeeper and Finance Chair to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the board on a timely basis
- Assist in developing the annual budget, in coordination with committee leads, the Finance Chair, and contract bookkeeper, and present the annual budget to the Board for approval
- Assist with the quarterly reconciliation between SASF’s donor donation database and SASF’s financial records
- Develop best practices for SASF’s financial management; document financial policies and procedures
- Experience w ith accounting and financial management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain finance policies and procedures to the Board
- Experience with developing an operational budget, and expertise in tracking and reporting income and expenditures to a budget
- Knowledge of state and federal non-profit compliance requirements and ability to fulfill reporting obligations
- Experience with all of the above in a nonprofit setting
About Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
PO Box 99006, Seattle, WA 98139, US
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) supports the programs and initiatives of the Seattle Animal Shelter by engaging our community, increasing awareness and raising funds.
SASF is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter. SASF reflects the support that the Seattle community and Shelter volunteers have for this essential City agency.
The Seattle Animal Shelter helps thousands of dogs, cats and critters every year. SASF provides the Shelter with a new way to support the many services and programs it provides for animals and the Seattle community, including:
- Veterinary care for Shelter animals
- A foster care program to provide temporary housing for surrendered animals
- Volunteer programs
- Public education programs
- Spay and neuter assistance for pets in low income families
- Programs that support the needs of homeless and unwanted animals in the community.
Through innovative community events, outreach programs and volunteer opportunities, we help the Shelter fund creative solutions for immediate needs, pioneer new programs and build on what the City already provides for the Shelter’s current successes.
We’re placing the nation’s most pet-friendly city on the leading edge of humane animal advocacy. We hope you’ll join us!