Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation Development Board Member
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Do you love dogs, cats, and critters? Do you also have a passion for fundraising and donor development? If so, we have a position for you!
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a volunteer Fundraising and Development Board Member to help fundraise and raise awareness of our functioning 501(c)3 nonprofit . The Fundraising & Development Board Member will be an integral part of our 1 5 -person board . This is an unpaid position and will require 3-5 hours of work weekly on average .
The ideal candidate has experience with donor development and fundraising, ideally for a not for profit organization. They are excited to engage and work to grow our current donor base, from our top dollar donors to the monthly subscrib ers and the one-time givers. Attention to detail, self-organization, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment are essential elements to this role.
If interested, please email EricaF@seattleanimalshelterfoundation.org with your resume
- Assist in the creation of SASF’s annual fundraising plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising efforts in Sharepoint .
- Coordinate with marketing committee to execute fundraising special events.
- E ngage your community and build external relationships.
- General administrative and process assistance within sub-committees as needed.
- Assist Board President with grant writing and grant approval process.
- Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Ability to network and solicit donors
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Passion for animals
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with city/county/state officials is preferred but not required
- Experience reviewing grant requests and handling grant approvals is preferred but not required.
About Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
PO Box 99006, Seattle, WA 98139, US
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) supports the programs and initiatives of the Seattle Animal Shelter by engaging our community, increasing awareness and raising funds.
SASF is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter. SASF reflects the support that the Seattle community and Shelter volunteers have for this essential City agency.
The Seattle Animal Shelter helps thousands of dogs, cats and critters every year. SASF provides the Shelter with a new way to support the many services and programs it provides for animals and the Seattle community, including:
- Veterinary care for Shelter animals
- A foster care program to provide temporary housing for surrendered animals
- Volunteer programs
- Public education programs
- Spay and neuter assistance for pets in low income families
- Programs that support the needs of homeless and unwanted animals in the community.
Through innovative community events, outreach programs and volunteer opportunities, we help the Shelter fund creative solutions for immediate needs, pioneer new programs and build on what the City already provides for the Shelter’s current successes.
We’re placing the nation’s most pet-friendly city on the leading edge of humane animal advocacy. We hope you’ll join us!