Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation Community Events Board Member
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Do you love dogs, cats, and critters? Do you also have events and leadership expertise? If so, we have a position for you!
If interested, please email EricaF@seattleanimalshelterfoundation.org with your resume
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a VolunteerCommunity Events Chair to plan and execute events for the Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation and the animals we are supporting. This role has the unique opportunity to manage the day-to-day of an entire 501(c)3’s events team. The Community Events Chair will be a member of our 15-person board. This is an unpaid position and will require an average of 3-5 hours of work weekly.
The ideal candidate has strong "small event department" mentality (meaning WE are doing the work, not hiring it out!) and is passionate about helping Seattle’s animals. This animal lover will be well-versed in planning and executing multiple monthly and yearly events. The ideal candidate will have experience planning and executing a multitude of event types, ranging from small tabling events to large scale extravaganzas. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in volunteer management and be able to delegate tasks and lead a team of passionate event volunteers. Attention to detail, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment are essential elements to this role. The candidate will also work our fundraising and marketing teams to ensure our donors are well informed about upcoming events.
Here are some of the projects you will be helping with:
- Furry 5K: Each year, the Furry 5K attracts thousands of two-legged runners accompanied by their four-legged companions. The race is followed by Pet-a-Palooza, with entertainment, festive music, awards and an interactive vendor area. Now in its 20th year, the Furry 5K is one of the few races in the Puget Sound area that encourages participants to run or walk with their dogs.
- A number of smaller fundraising and awareness events throughout the year:From small beer and wine events, to annual "Santa Paws" photo session, SASF works to raise awareness about the Seattle Animal Shelter through various events.
About Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
PO Box 99006, Seattle, WA 98139, US
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) supports the programs and initiatives of the Seattle Animal Shelter by engaging our community, increasing awareness and raising funds.
SASF is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter. SASF reflects the support that the Seattle community and Shelter volunteers have for this essential City agency.
The Seattle Animal Shelter helps thousands of dogs, cats and critters every year. SASF provides the Shelter with a new way to support the many services and programs it provides for animals and the Seattle community, including:
- Veterinary care for Shelter animals
- A foster care program to provide temporary housing for surrendered animals
- Volunteer programs
- Public education programs
- Spay and neuter assistance for pets in low income families
- Programs that support the needs of homeless and unwanted animals in the community.
Through innovative community events, outreach programs and volunteer opportunities, we help the Shelter fund creative solutions for immediate needs, pioneer new programs and build on what the City already provides for the Shelter’s current successes.
We’re placing the nation’s most pet-friendly city on the leading edge of humane animal advocacy. We hope you’ll join us!