Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation Governance Board Member
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation is seeking a VolunteerGovernance Co-Chairto manage and run our internal governance documents and oversee compliance of a functioning 501(c)3 nonprofit. The Governance Co-Chairwill be a part ofour 15-person board. This is an unpaid position and will require 3-5 hours of work weekly, on average.
The ideal candidate has strong "small company" operational skills and is passionate about helping Seattle’s animals. This animal lover will be well-versedin the standard Microsoft suite of applications and also have experience withOffice 365 for Nonprofits, Sharepoint, Word, and Excel. Attention to detail, self-organization, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment are essential elements to this role.
If interested, please email EricaF@seattleanimalshelterfoundation.org with your resume
- Oversee compliance of the foundation’s collaborative platform for storing documents, the system’s management of users and their rights, and saving all necessary legal documents necessary to run a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- Conducting annual surveys with current Board members to ensure job satisfaction and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Administer the foundation’s onboarding documents to incoming committee and board members (e.g., confidentiality agreements, board agreements).
- Managing annual calendar of operational items to ensure different committees are completing their tasks on time.
- Partner with marketing committee to ensure all descriptions of SASF are in line with core messaging as directed by the Board.
- General administrative and process assistance as needed.
- Assist Board President with grant writing and grant approval oversight.
- Legal, HR, Administrative, or Operational experience in a business, non-profit, or team setting is required.
- Proven experience working with MicrosoftOffice 365,Word, and Excel.
- Experience working with grant writing and grant approval is preferred but not required.
- Operational efficiency mindset, can-do attitude, and willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Positive attitude, detail oriented with good ability.
- Passion for animals required.
About Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
PO Box 99006, Seattle, WA 98139, US
Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) supports the programs and initiatives of the Seattle Animal Shelter by engaging our community, increasing awareness and raising funds.
SASF is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of animals cared for by the Seattle Animal Shelter. SASF reflects the support that the Seattle community and Shelter volunteers have for this essential City agency.
The Seattle Animal Shelter helps thousands of dogs, cats and critters every year. SASF provides the Shelter with a new way to support the many services and programs it provides for animals and the Seattle community, including:
- Veterinary care for Shelter animals
- A foster care program to provide temporary housing for surrendered animals
- Volunteer programs
- Public education programs
- Spay and neuter assistance for pets in low income families
- Programs that support the needs of homeless and unwanted animals in the community.
Through innovative community events, outreach programs and volunteer opportunities, we help the Shelter fund creative solutions for immediate needs, pioneer new programs and build on what the City already provides for the Shelter’s current successes.
We’re placing the nation’s most pet-friendly city on the leading edge of humane animal advocacy. We hope you’ll join us!