Social Media Manager
We are looking for a passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team.
The Social Media Manager for Compathos/Films for the Planet will be responsible for
formulating, implementing and measuring our social media strategy.
This is a voluntary position requiring 2 - 3 hours per week.
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy to differentiate our platform, engage and inspire our communities and motivate our prospective donors
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Create and manage a content calendar that supports an always-on approach
- Define social media KPIs. Track and report on social media campaign performances
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Identify and recommend new social media platforms to engage with our target audiences and stakeholders
- Ensure brand consistency (tone, voice and terminology)
- Oversee social media interns as needed
- 2+ years’ experience in social media management
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Hands on experience in creating content in multiple format
- Data-driven and is able to institute reporting on social media performance, and use performance metrics to optimize strategies
- Excellent copywriting skills
4200 Day Spring Ct, Pleasant Valley, CA 95667, US
Compathos is a media production, research, and education organization harnessing the transformative power of the arts and media to inspire action.
Compathos shares stories that inspire action, to bring positive and compassionate change to the world. Compathos fulfills its mission to educate and inspire by producing award-winning films, immersive / interactive media, youth media and travel expeditions, screenings and events, and a VOD platform Films for the Planet - the best in environmental and social action films.
We also support the work of social change artists through fiscal sponsorship and work with a host of non-profits, artists, indie filmmakers and movement-makers in combined efforts to affect positive world change through media impact. By providing strategic insight, Compathos helps content producers and mission-driven organizations maximize their social impact and navigate the shifts in technology and storytelling.
The Compathos community of award-winning creative professionals recognize the power of arts, media and entertainment as a dynamic force for transformation and social good. Browse our media-rich story tapestry of over 1500 educational and awareness raising resources on Compathos publishing platform.
Our projects and organizational activities depend primarily on Board, intern, and volunteer services. We rely on donations to help us reach our program goals.