Social Media Coordinator
TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
We are looking for a talented Social Media Coordinator to create and maintain a strong online presence for our organization. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more supporters/donors and boost our visibility. Ultimately, you should be able to increase follows/page likes and supporter engagement metrics. *Queer and Trans People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply for this volunteer position*
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with program leads to create engaging, original content
- Oversee social media accounts layout
- Suggest new ways to attract donors/supporters
- Measure engagement metrics and use them to inform content/posting schedules
- Use strategic planning to build an effective, engaging social media calendar
About TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
P.O. Box 11866, KNOXVILLE, TN 37939, US
The mission of Trans Empowerment Project is to elevate trans and gender non-conforming communities, particularly trans people of color, out of crisis and into empowerment through action, advocacy, and resource-building.
Founded in 2016 by an Afro-Latinx trans man, Trans Empowerment Project has helped over 600 trans and gender non-conforming people connect with the resources they need. We provide a wide range of programs and services to folks in these communities, with a particular focus on trans people of color, and we have continued to expand to address new problems as they arise.
Our programs and services include:
We welcome all volunteers, trans and cisgender, and we would love to have YOU as part of our team. We also value feedback and ideas from our volunteers, so if come on board and there's something you'd like to put together (content piece, virtual event, fundraisers, etc) we will do our best to provide you with the tools and support you need to get it done.
- inTRANSitions - emergency response program that can help clients with food, clothing, HRT assistance, or transportation away from abusive/non-affirming situations. This is usually accomplished within 24 hours of the client's first contact.
- Trans Employment Project - program that aims to connect trans job seekers with inclusive employers. We help clients put together resumes, prepare for interviews, and connect with potential employers. We also work with companies to help them craft more inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- Help for Allied Loved Ones (H.A.L.O) - a program designed to provide support and education to folks who want to be a better ally to a trans or gender non-conforming loved one.