Volunteer Legal Division Administrative Assistant
The Director Assistant manages and coordinates activities of the Director of Legal Services and Legal Team and supports communication and development functions. Conducts business in a professional manner and maintains positive, effective working relationships both internal and external.
Impact & Benefits
- Promote the safety of individuals and families through support of key administrative tasks related to the Legal Program.
- Contribute to the outcomes of the Legal Program as well as the mission of the agency.
- Activities and projects serving the Legal Team are appropriately planned, scheduled, communicated, and implemented to allow the highest level of involvement in and achievement by Legal Team staff.
- Responsive, highly efficient, can be relied upon by the Director of Legal Services
- Maintains effective communication
- Composes, transcribes, edits, and distributes senior-level correspondence
- Coordinates and schedules internal and external meetings
- Prepares materials and minutes for selected meetings
- Establishes and maintains filing systems and internal processes
- Assists with special projects and recordkeeping
- Maintains Legal Team calendars
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality regarding management of Legal Team information
Time Commitment & Availability
- Educational background or interest in Organizational Management, and/or Leadership
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Must have own transportation
Supervision & Training
- 10-15 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months preferred
- Weekday, daytime availability required
- Attend Tubman’s five-part Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training series
- Supervision provided by the Director of Legal Services
3111 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
To advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing.
Each year Tubman helps nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, homelessness, addiction, mental health challenges, or other forms of trauma. We provide safe shelter, legal services, mental and chemical health counseling, youth programs and community education.