Technical Support Office, Fluent in English, Previous Tech & NGO Admin Experience
Advocates Abroad is accepting applications for the position of Technical Support Advisor. This position covers general technical and administrative support, design and upkeep of Advocates’ website and social media outlets. The Advisor also supports the Directors for administrative tasks related to management of field missions, remote legal assistance, research programs, fundraising efforts, and regular communication among Advocates, partners, and clients. The position provides training for all Advocates Abroad operations and technical programs as needed.
Please note, the position may be undertaken remotely or alongside one of the regional field teams in Greece. The position is unpaid.
COMMITMENT & DURATION
The duration is for six months, with the possibility to extend. The minimum active service is minimum 10 hours per week.
- ▪ Regular and on-demand updates and upkeep of website, Facebook groups, Google Drive, Advocates Abroad's email and other such accounts.
- ▪ Work directly and responsibly with the Executive Director, Director of Volunteers, and Director of Training.
- ▪ Supports each Director through assistance on administrative tasks, including design and upkeep of Advocates Abroad's databases and online presence.
- ▪ Established and relevant experience and background (website development, database upkeep, email & social media). Degree preferred.
- ▪ Demonstrated ability to work effectively, professionally and independently.
- ▪ Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- ▪ Excellent communication skills.
- ▪ Fluent in English.
How to apply
Send a CV and short cover letter with the subject 'Technical Support Advisor’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
About ADVOCATES ABROAD
1255 NUUANU AVE APT E702, HONOLULU, HI 96817, US
Advocates is a legal aid non-profit that has supported refugees in the European Union and elsewhere in the world, since it was founded in 2016 by an American lawyer who saw that lawyers could make a life and death difference to refugees seeking asylum and safety in Greece and other European Union states. Over 1000 Advocates volunteer lawyers, MHPPS specialists, and interpreters have served in field missions to help over 40,000 refugees. The heart of Advocates mission is to support people applying for protection to protect them from being returned to deadly threats in the countries they fled.
Advocates Abroad is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization of volunteers dedicated to humanitarian aid in crisis zones.
Advocates, both field & remote, are local & foreign attorneys, interpreters, asylum experts and medical professionals.
Since 2016, Advocates teams have been trained and deployed to various locations to provide critical legal aid to thousands of refugees and asylum seekers in the EU and Middle East.
Advocates Abroad does not accept any form of compensation from any refugee or asylum seeker for any service provided.
Advocates Abroad serves all refugees and asylum seekers in need, without discrimination of background or identity.