SHIP Counselor Volunteer
RSVP of Kendall and Kane County IL
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
2 people are interested
As a SHIP Counselor volunteer, you will objectively counsel Medicare Beneficiaries, their caregivers or representatives who have problems and/or questions with Medicare, Medicare Supplement, Medicare managed care or long-term care insurance. Responsibilities of a SHIP counselor include
- having and maintain an email address,
- satisfactorily complete the initial SHIP training session,
- conduct individual health insurance counseling sessions with complete confidentiality to the client,
- must be able to navigate the Internet,
- may assist with Medicare and Medicare appeals claim filing,
- be an advocate for SHIP clients,
- be willing to contribute 8-10 hours per month counseling SHIP clients,
- complete a client contact report for each counseling session to regularly report SHIP activities on SHIP Tracking and Reporting System (STARS) by the end of each month.
- Must counsel without conflict of interest.
- Must attend ongoing education programs or meetings and agree to background check
Cannot be affiliated with the insurance industry or insurance claims filing business to the extent that serving as a SHIP volunteer could be used for personal and financial gain.
If you are interested in giving back to the community, contact Deborah Lee Sheppard at firstname.lastname@example.org (email is the best method) or by phone, 630-553-5777.
About RSVP of Kendall and Kane County IL
% Senior Services Assoc. Inc., 908 Game Farm Rd., Plano, IL 60545, US
RSVP of Southern Kane & Kendall Counties IL - Providing older Americans age 55 + the opportunity to apply their life experience to meeting community needs through volunteering.
RSVP of Southern Kane & Kendall Counties IL volunteers serve in a diverse range of non-profit organizations, public agencies, and faith-based groups. RSVP volunteers serve from a few hours a month to almost full time.
You decide when and where you want to volunteer. RSVP of Southern Kane & Kendall Counties makes volunteering easy.