Volunteer Press & Media Manager (Remote)
African Development Choices
About the role
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer press & media manager to join ADC. Reporting to the head of storytelling, you will manage all aspects of press and media relations for ADC with the goal of raising the profile of the organisation and establishing and protecting a prominent media profile for the organisation.
The right candidate will act as the point of contact for members of the press and other media representatives, advise management on press/media relations strategies, and proactively seek opportunities to promote ADC in the press/media.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with press/media representatives
- Build and maintain a list or network of contacts in the press/media
- Put in place effective news gathering and distribution mechanisms
- Plan and manage the flow of news about the organization to the press/media
- Develop and implement strategies to increase press/media coveragein line with key messages, branding and other guidelines
- Propose ideas for press/media pitches to stimulate coverage
- Write and distribute press releases to the media
- Provide press/media training to key spokespeople
- Prepare press/media kits
- Excellent knowledge of the UK and international press/media landscape
- A proven track record in gaining significant press/media coverage through innovative commentary and storytelling
- Strong interpersonal skills and great press/media contacts are essential, as a big part of the job is networking and promoting the work of the company
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- The commitment of minimum 7-10 hours per week
What we offer you:
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within the media sector
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to build your professional network by working with a diverse team
- We will provide work reference for you
We look forward to receiving your application
ADC Recruitment Team
Important message: Thank you for your interest in volunteering with ADC. We request all the applicants to forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the position you are interested in. If you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks, the role may have been filled.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
To prevent or relieve poverty in rural Africa by empowering communities and leaders to better manage public resources so that they can invest in expansion of access to essential public services and meet their local needs independently. We achieve this using our innovative Three-Step Approach.
African Development Choices is a UK-based social enterprise, founded in 2018 by Kenyan-born Moses Tai. Our vision is of a world in which everyone has access to the essential services necessary to fight poverty.
It is our mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources. This will enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation.