76 people are interested
Project Manager - Patient Advocacy Team
76 people are interested
The Rare Genomics Institute (RG) is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of genome research. The Patient Advocacy Team works directly with undiagnosed and diagnosed rare disease patients, managing their access to philanthropic genomic research and sequencing services. Join our team and work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program while doing good for the rare disease community using your professional expertise.
The Project Manager has responsibilities in managing operations for the Patient Advocacy Team, ensuring maximum quality services for the patient community.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the patient advocacy team, including oversight of patient case management responses, volunteer management, team meeting scheduling, etc. using best project management processes/practices
- Creates, tracks and manages projects by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews
- Identify trends, determine system improvements, implementing change
- Collect KPIs and completion of team performance updates
- Enhance organization reputation by exploring opportunities
- Meet weekly with project managers for other teams to communicate important projects within RG
- Serve as an intermediary between the patient advocacy team and other RG teams and projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (required), Masters with scientific degree (a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others;
- Passion for learning the latest interactive technologies and techniques
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Rare Genomics Institute (RGI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping rare disease
patients find a diagnosis, treatment, and pathway to a cure. Through personalized research
projects, RGI provides access to world leading medical institutions and scientists to conduct
genomic sequencing, coordinates with clinicians and counselors to interpret findings, and offers an
online crowd-funding platform to deliver financial solutions. RGI also supports rare disease
advocacy by fostering an online community of rare disease patients and supporting rare disease
research through a yearly grant competition.
Since being founded in 2011, RGI has completed over 300 genetic sequencing and analysis
projects, assisted patients fund over $3.5 million worth of genomic sequencing, discovered 8
unique genetic mutations in-house, given over $2 million dollars in grants to researchers on rare
disease, and developed an online community with over 10,000 rare disease members.
Through volunteers, RGI is able to slowly push science and health care forward to meet the needs
of patients affected by rare diseases. To learn more about RGI check out our website, like us on
Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 18, 2021
- Program Management
- Business Development
- 5-10 hours per week