Rare Genomics Institute
Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program. Do good for your community while using your professional expertise. Work with talented peers on a rewarding non-profit cause related program. The Rare Genomics Institute is making a difference. RG is a nonprofit organization that helps families in need of genome research.
The Project Manager has responsibilities in managing special projects for their Department
- Creates, tracks and manages projects by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews
- Create detailed project completion plans, estimates and schedules
- Identify trends, determine system improvements, implementing change
- Ensure completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project, its team, scope, budget, timelines, etc. using best project management processes/practices
- Enhance organization reputation by exploring opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (required), Masters with scientific degree (a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management processes and tools
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others;
- Passion for learning the latest interactive technologies and techniques
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment
About Rare Genomics Institute
8504 Firestone Blvd., #198, Downey, CA 90241, US
At RG, we are more than just an organization. We are a community dedicated to helping rare disease patients find hope for a cure. We work alongside patients and their families, providing them with the necessary tools, knowledge, and connections so that they can better understand the cause of their disease. We believe that every patient deserves more out of life.
Want to be part of an exciting startup biotech helping children with rare diseases? Want to make an impact for the millions of children and adults that are living with rare disease? Rare Genomics Institute are helping those with rare genomic diseases get access to genomic sequencing and the latest biotechnology research that can help these people who literally have nowhere else to turn get closer to an answer that has been elusive for all of their lives. Come join us!
We have been featured in TED, Bloomberg, and Huffington Post, among others.
Check out our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter!