Otra Cosa Network
OCN is looking for a web designer to help us improve our website on a voluntary basis! Together with the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will be responsible for updating the design, structure, and content of the Otra Cosa Network website. Additionally, we are looking for a web developer that can work on developing a new website based on the design and format that we already have.
This position includes tasks such as:
- Working in cooperation with our Marketing and Communications Manager in establishing and maintaining significant content vital to our online presence
- Developing not only a visually appealing but also an easily navigable design that allows our web traffic to efficiently access information
- Utilization of WordPress and Web Applications and programming languages such as HTML and CSS
- Analysis and implantation of web-traffic data using Search Engine Optimization
- Expanding on existing and new digital/ web designs based on our organization’s existing templates and formats.
- Troubleshoot any problems or obstacles during the web development process
What you can expect from us:
- Personal pick-up upon arriving and walking tour through Huanchaco
- Thorough introduction to the organization
- Certified training in First Aid and Child Safeguarding.
- 24/7 emergency support
- Organized activities & trips (barbeques, game nights, volunteer-lunch, team building trips) with like-minded people from all over the world
- Working in a friendly beach & surf town right next to many historical sites
- The satisfying feeling of committing your work to a good cause whilst gaining insight into a new culture.
- Certificate of completion detailing your role, the project(s) you participated in and the dates you volunteered in.
About Otra Cosa Network
Las Camelias 431, Huanchaco, Non-US 130000, PE
Promote education and social development in our local communities.
Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO (no. 11126841) and a UK Registered Charity (no. 1133680) based in Huanchaco, Trujillo on the coast of Northern Peru.
Otra Cosa Network runs five of our own projects, which are all part of the Huanchaco Education and Learning Programme (HELP). HELP is dedicated to advancing the education possibilities and resources for those living in lower-income communities in Huanchaco and the surrounding shanty towns. Alongside this, we support several partner organisations in the area, as well as in two remote locations in northern Peru.