82 people are interested
Young Professionals of the American Cancer Society -Board Member
ORGANIZATION: American Cancer Society
Please visit the new page to apply.
82 people are interested
Young Professionals of the American Cancer Society Seattle Board Member Description:
We are seeking passionate professionals between ages 21-40 (21+) to join our Seattle based YPACS Board. YPACS is a community of the next generation of philanthropists, assisting the American Cancer Society with saving and celebrating lives in the fight for a world without cancer. Our organization is dedicated to advocating for cancer awareness and raising money for research and support in the Seattle area. Learn more at ypacsseattle.org or at our Instagram @ypacsseattle.
We ask our board members commit to the following:
- Serve as a community ambassador for the American Cancer Society’s mission and programs through recruitment, volunteering, spreading awareness, and more.
- Achieve an individual fundraising goal. There are many ways YPACS members hit their fundraising goals, and the American Cancer Society staff supports members’ efforts in raising funds and securing sponsorships. Some ways individuals on the YPACS board have raised money include:
- Selling tickets to the YPACS signature event
- Silent auction item procurement
- Sponsorship procurement
- Online fundraising via a personalized YPACS fundraising site
- Personal check or cash donation (does not include purchase of auction items or raffle tickets the night of the event)
- Participate in a committee to accomplish group goals. Committees include events, marketing, membership, and revenue.
- Attend and actively engage in YPACS board meetings (generally 6-7:30pm PT on the second Wednesday of every month; members are required to attend 75% of all meetings), social events, and volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer for at least one American Cancer Society event per year
- Commit to at least a one year term of service on the board.
About American Cancer Society
5601 6th Ave S., seattle, WA 98108, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research education, advocacy, and service.
We proudly serve the state of Washington through patient programs, critical research funding, and access to care. For up to date and accurate cancer information please call 800-ACS-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
5601 6th Ave S.Seattle, WA 98108
July 6, 2023
- Professional Development
- Donor Management
- Must be at least 21
- Exploratory Meeting with YPACS team prior to joining