Young Professionals of the American Cancer Society -Council Member
American Cancer Society
YPACS Leadership Council Member Description:
We are seeking members to join our Seattle, WA based YPACS and to remain on the Leadership Council for a 1year minimum commitment. Individuals on the YPACS Council commit to the following:
- Serve as a community ambassador for the American Cancer Society’s mission and
programs through recruitment, social media, and more.
- Achieve an individual fundraising minimum through an annual give/get for the defined YPACS
year. Fundraising minimums can be met through the following ways:
- Silent auction item procurement
- Gala ticket sales
- Sponsorship procurement for supported American Cancer Society events.
- Online fundraising. Members can set up a personalized YPACS fundraising site or support a local American Cancer Society event and are encouraged to share this with others via social media and email.
- Host a third-party event (i.e.: Jean’s Day, Bar Night, Bake Sale, etc.)
- Personal check or cash donation (does not include purchase of auction items or raffle tickets the night of the event)
- Participate in your assigned committee to accomplish group fundraising goals.
- Active involvement including attending YPACS meetings, social events, and volunteer opportunities.
- Members should make a consistent effort to be present at large group meetings and other YPACS events - members are required to attend 75% of meetings (meetings are currently digital through zoom due to COVID-19)
- Large group meetings generally take place on the 1 st Wednesday of every month.
- Volunteer for at least one other American Cancer Society event.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Cancer Society
5601 6th Ave S., seattle, WA 98108, US
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives and diminishing suffering from cancer, through research education, advocacy, and service.
We proudly serve the state of Washington through patient programs, critical research funding, and access to care. For up to date and accurate cancer information please call 800-ACS-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.