MACC Sports Cheer Coach
The focus of the MACC Sports Cheerleaders program is to promote self-esteem, confidence, and pride through dance for youth ages 5 to 14. Our objective is to impact our youth with long-term development by delivering fun dance and cheer experiences that creates additional opportunities for youth to engage in play, foster skill development, cultivate friendships and families, and also learn more about the love of Christ.
Covid-19 Safety Measures: We want to assure you that getting back to the fun will not come at the expense of safety. In our Fall camp, we have undertaken a rigorous "Return to Play Safely" protocol to ensure the safety of your family and all participants. This season, you will notice a few new things during all outdoor sports activities, including the following safety measures:
- Temperature checks will be carried out before every practice session. Any athletes with a temperature over 100.3 must return home. Two consecutive high-temperature readings and a negative COVID testing or doctor's clearance must be submitted before they are allowed to return.
- Equipment will be disinfected before, during, and after activities.
- All athletes must wear their masks when social distancing can not be done.
- We will limit the number of spectators at the venue by strongly recommending only one parent/guardian per player be in attendance, if possible.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented on sidelines and celebrations will be modified:
- Spectators will stand a minimum of 6 feet apart from others and the sidelines.
- No high fives, handshakes or intentional physical contact
- Staff, parents and participants will be required to stay home if they or anyone they have come in contact with is sick.
- No team snacks or drinks. All players must have their own water bottle.
About MACC Development
7900 Mack ave., Detroit, MI 48214, US
MACC Development exists to seek the holistic revitalization of Detroit’s 48214 zip code, block by block, neighbor by neighbor. MACC SPORTS: We seek to see families discipled and the Gospel advanced in the 48214 through sports. MACC Sports is a community-focused sports program that strives to balance high-quality sports instruction with Gospel-centered character-growth and teaching Sports provide a strong opportunity to build relationships with children and their parents. Furthermore, the role a coach plays in a child’s life can be one of tremendous impact. Our desire is to use this platform to lead our youth towards Christ and to instill our athletes with a strong work ethic, discipline, and respect. Our league use a biblio-centric curriculum to ensure that the gospel is communicated clearly.
MACC Sports offers volunteer-led athletic leagues played at Pingree Park, a local park at the center of the 48214′s north-of-Mack-Avenue neighborhood. The league includes full uniforms; team photographs; Christ-centered volunteer coaches, quality drills, and skill improvement; high-quality play-painted fields, referees for each game, and age-appropriate goals; end of season pizza party and Medals Ceremony for all participants and families.
MACC Sports’ leadership devoted dozens of hours to crafting original soccer/football skill curriculum, combined with a gospel lesson, for every week. Coaches are selected based on age-relevant skill levels as well as for their character and responsibility in leading children.