Partnerships Team Intern
CMMB - Healthier Lives Worldwide is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, co-operative, medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through healthcare programs and initiatives, the distribution of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
CMMB’s Volunteer Program addresses the critical need for professionals in areas that lack sufficient resources for quality preventive and curative health services, especially for women and children. Our Volunteer Program has placed thousands of practitioners around the world to help develop and implement community health interventions, work at local hospitals and health facilities, conduct clinical training for host country counterparts, and deliver essential medicines and supplies. The ultimate goal of CMMB's Volunteer Program is to support our country teams and local healthcare workers by sending volunteers that are dedicated to strengthening local health systems and supporting a pattern of sustainable development.
We believe in a world in which health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children, and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence, and respect every day. We provide our volunteers with a meaningful volunteer package, and the opportunities to learn, grow, and leave a longstanding legacy. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Covid-19 Update: Due to Covid-19, CMMB has paused all field deployments until 2021.For the time being, we are interviewing for remote service to support the COVID response with urgently needed skills. Internship postings will be remote until further notice.
Overview: CMMB is seeking an experienced student interested in research and learning about operational NGOs. The volunteers will use their academic and professional background to research individual donors, utilize donor based software, and develop strategy to maximize relationships with partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research individual donors and small or family foundations to understand their needs in a mutually beneficial partnership
- Work with partnerships team to leverage donor relationships and create strategy that will maximize those relationships
- Understand and utilize donor based software to understand CMMB’s donor base
- Monitor trends and developments to identify possible new business acquisition opportunities
- A commitment to CMMB’s mission and values
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Relevant degree or coursework related to the service opportunity
- At least 1-2 years of experience with data analysis, project development, and strategic planning
- Familiarity and interest in global health issues, especially maternal and child health
- Understanding of international development and global health organizations preferred
- The ability to work remotely using various online platforms
- Experience working remotely is preferred
-Seasonal, and they work around the typical academic calendar. Internships typically last around three months, and the timeline is as follows:
- Spring: mid-January through April
- Summer: June through September
- Fall: September through December
-Term: Minimum 3 months
- College/university credit available
- Part-time, Flexible schedules
- Office hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST
Contact & Application:
Apply online at: https://cmmb.org/get-involved/volunteer/
100 Wall St, Floor 9, New York, NY 10005, US
Inspired by the example of Jesus, CMMB works in partnership globally to deliver locally sustainable, quality health solutions to women, children, and their communities.
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB works at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. CMMB has committed to develop 20 CHAMPS sites by 2020, incorporating at least 3 in Haiti, Kenya, Peru, South Sudan, and Zambia.