17 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
RMHCWM Receptionist Volunteers play a crucial role in providing our guests and families with the best possible comfort and care. Receptionists are responsible for supporting front of House functions through a variety of welcoming, clerical, and data entry functions.
- Greet guest families and visitors
- Answering and handling incoming phone calls
- Complete outgoing phone calls
- Organize or sort files and donated items
- Assist with family paperwork and filing
- Assist with mailings, printing, stocking, organizing, and other duties as required
The ideal Receptionist Volunteer is one who embodies our mission of providing support for families while acting in appropriate and professional manners. Preferred skills include:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft office suite
- Ability to self-initiate, organize, and work independently when necessary
- Ability to take direction and perform new tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Showing kindness, caring, sensitivity, and willingness to help others
- Exemplifies outstanding customer service skills while adhering to strict confidentiality
Due to the nature of our organization, Receptionist volunteers must:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete volunteer training as needed
Contact Kortney at email@example.com for more information and to get started!
- 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- afternoon / 12:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan
1323 Cedar Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, US
"To provide a 'home away from home' for families of children and youth seeking medical treatment in our community."
Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan (RMHCWM), located less than 10 minutes from the medical hub of downtown Grand Rapids, offers private rooms with bathrooms, home cooked meals, a shuttle service, cleaning, laundry, and whatever the family needs to stay whole during this crisis in their lives.
Last year we provided accommodations and services to 388 families. Volunteers provided an amazing 6,441 hours of service, the shuttle van was driven 19,637 miles making nearly 70 trips per week transporting families as needed, and hundreds of home cooked meals were prepared in our kitchen. These services and so many more make up RMHWM.
1323 Cedar Street NEGrand Rapids, MI 49503
December 21, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We're looking for volunteers who are willing to commit to a weekly or biweekly shift for a minimum of 6 months. Open shifts are 10 am - 1 pm & 1 pm - 4 pm Monday through Friday.