Front Desk Volunteer
Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan
Here at RMHWM, we understand the gravity of COVID-19 and are taking it seriously. We've made adjustments to our program with the safety of our families, volunteers, staff, and community in mind.
RMHWM Front Desk volunteers play a crucial role in providing our guest families with the best possible comfort and care. Front Desk volunteers are responsible for supporting front office functions through a variety of clerical and data entry functions.
- Greet guest families and visitors
- Complete guest paperwork
- Answering and handling incoming phone calls
- Complete outgoing phone calls
- Manage guest processes and paperwork, including guest wait list, checking in, and checking out
- Organize or sort files and donated items
- Assist with mailings, printing, stocking, organizing, and other duties as required
The ideal Front Desk volunteer is one who embodies our mission of providing support for families while acting in appropriate and professional manners. Preferred skills include:
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft office suite
- Ability to self-initiate, organize, and work independently when necessary
- Ability to take direction and perform new tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Showing kindness, caring, and willingness to help others
Contact Kortney at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get started!
About Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan
1323 Cedar Street NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, US
"To provide a 'home away from home' for families of children and youth seeking medical treatment in our community."
Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan (RMHWM), located less than 10 minutes from the medical hub of downtown Grand Rapids, offers private rooms with bathrooms, home cooked meals, a shuttle service, cleaning, laundry, and whatever the family needs to stay whole during this crisis in their lives.
Last year we provided accommodations and services to 388 families. Volunteers provided an amazing 6,441 hours of service, the shuttle van was driven 19,637 miles making nearly 70 trips per week transporting families as needed, and hundreds of home cooked meals were prepared in our kitchen. These services and so many more make up RMHWM.