Signature Events Internship
Make-A-Wish Michigan is set to host three endurance events in 2021: Walk For Wishes at the Detroit Zoo in May, the Wish-A-Mile (WAM) Bicycle Tour, statewide, in July and the Trailblaze Challenge (21 mile hike), in northern Michigan in September. Our events team is looking for an intern to assist with working with event participants from help setting up their fundraising page/portal, email communications to riders and team captains, social media posts and engagement, along with some logistics. The week of and leading up to, the day of and the week following the events will be required to attend.
· Communicate with event participants and event volunteers
· Research various products/services that are needed for the respective events
· Ability to proofread varies documents that are distributed to WAM participants and uploaded on the WAM website
· Learn the backend of the fundraising platforms for each site to effectively assist event participants with updating their team/individual page, running reports and other functions
· Attend expos, information sessions, and kick-offs to promote the events
· Organize inventory for each event including incentive items, t-shirts, etc
· Assist with logistics for the respective events including but not limited to securing food and beverage, children’s activities, sponsor tables, etc.
· Assist with our event packet days
· Support the events team as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program and able to receive college credit
· Must possess the ability to work part-time (2-3 days) January through August
· Must be available May 1 (Detroit Walk), July 22-25 (WAM), Sept date tbd (Trailblaze)
About Make-A-Wish Michigan
7600 Grand River Avenue, BRIGHTON, MI 48114, US
Make-A-Wish Michigan grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish Michigan began in 1984 when Joshua, and 11-year-old from Tecumseh wished to go to the Walt Disney World Resort. Fifteen courageous children experienced a joy of a wish that first year. Since thenm the Foundation and its supporters have made wishes become reality for more than 7,000 children in our Michigan community.