Event Development Internship
The Wish-A-Mile (WAM) Bicycle Tour is the largest Make-A-Wish Michigan fundraiser with a goal to raise $2.0 million dollars to grant wishes for Michigan wish kids. There are 3 route options, the WAM 300, WAM 50, and WAM Jr. The WAM intern will help execute ride logistics to create a premier cycling event.
· Communicate with local law enforcement and communities regarding traffic control and awareness of the tour
· Create/update signage for tour
· Research various products and services that are needed for the tour
· Make in-kind asks for donated items
· Effectively lead a school crew team on tour - this team will move from location to location ahead of the participants ensuring that the location is prepared for arrival
· Lead kids activity tent at the Heroes Hurrah Finish Line Celebration - includes all pre-planning of vendors and supplies
· Ability to proofread varies documents that are distributed to WAM participants and uploaded on the WAM website
· Learn event logistics from making an ask to sending a thank you
· Secure event enhancements
· Stuff packets, gift bags, totes
· Support the WAM team as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program and able to receive college credit
· Must possess the ability to work part-time: 1 - 1 ½ or 2 days January through August
· Must be available July 11 - 26, 2021
· Must be able to lift totes, cases of water, and other supplies
About Make-A-Wish Michigan
7600 Grand River Avenue, BRIGHTON, MI 48114, US
Make-A-Wish Michigan grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish Michigan began in 1984 when Joshua, and 11-year-old from Tecumseh wished to go to the Walt Disney World Resort. Fifteen courageous children experienced a joy of a wish that first year. Since thenm the Foundation and its supporters have made wishes become reality for more than 7,000 children in our Michigan community.