Make-A-Wish Michigan believes wishes are a game-changer in a child's life, promoting the power of a wish through impactful storytelling. The Communications intern will strengthen our mission of creating life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses by curating a strong brand voice that connects with our current audience while reaching new ones.
· Support the MarComm department, and the entire chapter through communications, social media and public relations efforts.
· Write wish stories and volunteer spotlights for use on the website, in e-blasts and on social media.
· Engage with wish families by sending out questionnaires and conducting interviews.
· Think outside the box when seeking out stories about community partners, sponsors or anyone who helps the Make-A-Wish mission in Michigan.
· Write content for email campaigns and the print newsletter.
· Assist in creating and publishing content on michigan.wish.org and secondary event sites that is relevant to the community.
· Assist in maintaining Make-A-Wish Michigan's archive of digital images, videos and other content.
· Assist with email analytics.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program and able to receive college credit.
· Must possess the ability to work part-time (2-3 days) beginning of January 2021 through mid-May 2021.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred.
About Make-A-Wish Michigan
7600 Grand River Avenue, BRIGHTON, MI 48114, US
Make-A-Wish Michigan grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Make-A-Wish Michigan began in 1984 when Joshua, and 11-year-old from Tecumseh wished to go to the Walt Disney World Resort. Fifteen courageous children experienced a joy of a wish that first year. Since thenm the Foundation and its supporters have made wishes become reality for more than 7,000 children in our Michigan community.