Receptionist (Hands Connected)
The Refugee Education Center
As a volunteer you will be working with refugee families, provided a cultural competency training before beginning the position. When working at the position your responsibilities will be:
- Answer the Center's phone
- Take messages/transfer calls
- Buzz visitors into the building
- Make copies
We are expected to have you part time 10 - 20 hours a week. Most days from 7:30 am to 9:30 am, times could range from 7:30 am to 3 pm on some days.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Refugee Education Center
2130 Enterprise St. SE, Kentwood, MI 49503, US
To support refugee children and families to gain the necessary skills for seamless and successful integration into the community through providing comprehensive educational support and youth development services, along with fostering cultural knowledge and understanding.
Founded in 2006 by immigrants and refugees, the Refugee Education & Cultural Center (REC) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Its goal is to support families and individuals to gain the skills necessary for successful integration into the community.
The main objectives of the program are as follows:
- Empower refugee families to succeed in school and in life.
- Support refugee children to finish school and become self-sufficient.
- Provide refugee families a place to socialize to strengthen their families and their communities.
- Foster a lasting sense of community that will benefit both refugee and non-refugee families alike.
- Foster leadership development in the refugee community.