Target Staff Type: Volunteer : A volunteer is self-funded, covering his or her own living, health and
Supported : Supported staff are given funds by their ministry partners, who may
be churches or individuals. JAARS does not process this support
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Help maintain the grounds of JAARS commercial and residential property and become part of the JAARS team that makes Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote places on earth.
It takes many hands and a team effort to accomplish the task. Your skilled position will free others to use their skills to help further Bible translation, too.
- Use equipment that can include commercial zero turn mowers, string trimmers and edgers
- Use and sharpen hand tools, including loppers, shears, shovels and rakes
- Edge various areas around campus, prune shrubs and trees
- Spray with herbicides and insecticides, fertilize lawns
- Spread salt, shovel snow
- Shovel out ditches, culverts
- Make minor repairs on equipment
- Assist with other department needs
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Preferred one year of experience in groundskeeper, landscaping, or related experience.
- Preferred prior experience in grounds keeping equipment experience including lawn mowers, trimmers, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.