Grant Writer & Sponsorship Coordinator
Dance for All Bodies
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The volunteer Grant Writer & Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for contributing to the development of Dance for All Bodies through researching grants, writing grant applications, and sending sponsorship inquiry letters to organizations. This is a remote position that welcomes applications from all around the U.S.
This position is for you if you are interested in writing grants, leading crowdfunding campaigns, budgeting, remains persistent in the face of obstacles, and believe that dance should be made accessible to all regardless of ability, race, or income. We encourage individuals with disabilities to apply for this position.
Location: We accept applications from all around the world as this position is remote!
- The three main duties of the funding coordinator is to help DfAB expand its impact by:
- Finding new grant opportunities as well as corporations to sponsor DfAB.
- Brainstorming other creative areas for us to generate revenue.
- Collaborating with DfAB organizers in writing grant applications and sponsorship letters.
- Keep record of grant applications that DfAB is eligible for, make timelines for applications.
- Find new potential funding and sponsorship opportunities for DfAB.
- Write sponsorship inquiry letters, grant applications and follow up with companies.
- Oversee grant application process, assisting with application drafts and collaborating with other team members when applicable.
- Collaborate with DfAB organizers and team members when writing letters of inquiry for grant applications.
- Find new avenues and services for DfAB to generate revenue to support our dance class programming.
- Keep track of financial, state, and local financial legal requirements to make sure we comply with all legislation.
- Design and oversee crowdfunding campaigns; keep track of donors and build relationships with them.
- Previous experience working for an arts, disability advocacy non-profit or other grassroots organization is highly preferred.
- Experience working with different fundraising methods (crowdfunding, grant applications, online/offline fundraising campaigns, etc.)
- Ability to find or initiate creative funding opportunities and search for potential corporate sponsors.
- Superior time management skills, ability to multi-task projects and multiple calendars.
- Must be committed to DfAB’s mission to change the face of dance through accessible dance classes.
- Disciplined in working independently and remotely; not afraid to ask questions or admit when you don’t know something.
- Self-motivated and shows stamina in the face of obstacles.
- Collaborative mindset ; eager to be part of a team and contribute.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance preferred.
While most work will be done remotely, we will still have weekly video calls to check-in.
Expected Hours of Work
While there is room for flexibility in regards to hours, you will be expected to commit 5-6 hours/week. You might be expected to commit more than that during the weeks where we run crowdfunding campaigns or grant applications are due.
Preferred Education and Experience
At DfAB we believe that experience comes in many different forms. We want to prioritize those who demonstrate a strong commitment to our mission and are therefore willing to commit a great amount of time, thought, and effort into this cause. If you have previous experience in writing grants, sponsorship letters or budgeting that is great!
Please share any work you’ve previously done (ie sponsorship programs, grant applications) that you feel supports your application to this position.
Send your resume & 1-2 paragraphs answering the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Grant Writer & Sponsorship Coordinator" in the subject heading.
Questions to address in your application:
- Why does making dance accessible to people with disabilities matter to you?
- Do you have previous experience working individually or remotely? If yes, please share an example.
- Tell us about a time when you led a funding campaign, applied for a grant or led a unique and creative funding opportunity for a project. What were some of the obstacles? How did you address them?
About Dance for All Bodies
119 Hopfield Drive, Folsom, CA 10019, US
The mission of Dance for All Bodies (DfAB) is to dismantle the notion that dance is only for a certain kind of body and to spread the joy of dance to all bodies. To achieve this mission, DfAB organizes low cost dance classes, where dance moves are instructed to be modified by the dancer to fit their body. Our dance classes are designed for people with disabilities.
The inspiration behind DfAB came from a one time adaptive dance class Yagmur, one of the co-founders, organized for an amputee support group as a volunteer at San Francisco General Hospital. Yagmur left this class in August 2018 feeling a beautiful spark in her heart. Participants left the event asking when the next dance class would be and thus, Yagmur hatched a plan to satisfy this demand. She quickly realized that she needed an accomplice who shared her desire to make dance a more inclusive art form. This brought Tess, a close friend who is also a dancer, into the project.
After some research, they learned that there were no organizations that focus on organizing adaptive dance classes in the Bay Area. As two able-bodied dancers who have the privilege of extensive dance training, they decided to make what was available to them available to people with differently abled bodies too. Thus, to make high quality, adaptive dance classes a reality they started working with experienced dance teachers with physical disabilities or who have worked in such spaces, making the dance class a positive and encouraging environment. Since August 2018, they have organized more than 15 dance classes and impacted more than 50 individuals thanks to funding from ZSFGH and Big Ideas. Currently they organize most of their dance classes in Berkeley and San Francisco. You can help DfAB expand its services to new locations and impact more lives by donating today!