Account Manager with Helping Hands (Ages 55+)
LA WORKS RSVP
Quick Overview: Help build partnerships and grow Helping Hands Community presence in Southern California.
Organization Name: Helping Hands Community
Organization Website: https://helpinghands.community/
Mission: Helping Hands Community is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those most vulnerable to COVID-19: senior citizens, the immunocompromised, and people with preexisting medical conditions that put them at additional risk. Our national network of volunteers deliver groceries, medications, and other necessary supplies, and our local and national partners-including city and county governments, mutual-aid organizations, faith-based organizations, food banks, community groups-scale our efforts to help us identify and reach those in need.
The Helping Hands Community platform makes local volunteerism easy and reliable while providing an easily integrated, tech-enabled solution for partners to scale their impact. Founded by veterans of Uber, Facebook, and Google, the Helping Hands Community organization comprises more than 100 volunteers from professionals who want to give back to students beginning their careers from around the country.
Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities: We’re looking for volunteers to manage accounts (accounts meaning organizations that comprise the community of Volunteers and Requestors (individuals who need help)). On a day to day basis, you will be maintaining relationships with local organizations, as well as helping to organize and execute events with community partners. This role is absolutely critical to scaling our platform and reaching a larger population of those most vulnerable to Covid-19.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships and grow presence with local community leaders and volunteer organizations to amplify Helping Hands’ reach.
- Grow and engage the Volunteer and Requestor user base to serve needs in the local community.
- Support and collaborate with HHC Ambassadors in the region.
- Help organize and execute local volunteer events on an as-needed basis.
- Solve our user’s needs through creativity, connections, and grit.
- Can bring empathy and operational rigor to engaging the community to help those who are most vulnerable to Covid-19.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Self-starter mentality.
- Takes initiative to connect and build relationships with local leaders and organizations.
- Passion for community service!
- Prior experience in a Community Outreach role (or similar) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in sales, account management, community outreach, or partnerships is preferred.
Location: This can be a virtual volunteering opportunity with the option of contact-less in-person event participation (if your situation allows).
Commitment to the team: Helping Hands Community is a team of volunteers that have mobilized to help slow the spread of Covid-19. The majority of volunteers are devoting time outside of their other job to support Helping Hands. The demands for a role like this requires someone who can devote at least 8 hours per week to this job. Because the team is dispersed across the country and due to the unique hours individuals are working, frequent use of communication channels like email are critical to ensure no one is bottlenecking decisions or tasks.
About LA WORKS RSVP
570 W. Ave. 26 Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90065, US
Founded in 1991, our mission consists of three principal pillars: INCREASE volunteer participation in community service projects; PROVIDE our nonprofit partners with access to volunteer labor and other RESOURCES; and EDUCATE and encourage people to engage in the broader social issues affecting the greater Los Angeles Community. L.A. Works' RSVP opportunities are specifically designed for active baby boomers who want to make a lasting contribution to the Los Angeles community.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area. We strive to empower Angelenos to address pressing social issues through volunteerism and community collaborations.