American Red Cross: Blood Donor Ambassador Volunteer (Cabarrus County)
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood and one blood donation can save up to 3 lives. Help and support lives in North Carolina. Volunteer at the blood drives in your community.
- Warmly greet donors and assist with registration in reception area
- Model excellent customer service behaviors, ensure blood donors have relevant information, and that all questions are answered appropriately
- Assist in the canteen area, manage the cleanliness in reception and hospitality areas, thank donors for their contribution, and alert staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
- Inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions, make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Several enhanced blood donations protocols including PPE and social distancing have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health.
- If age 18 or older, volunteers will assist in prescreening and take temperatures of all donors before they enter the blood drive
This position is flexible as volunteers can sign up for shifts online that work their schedule!
Several enhanced blood donations protocols including PPE and social distancing have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health.
Interested in volunteering?
- If you are age 18 or older, please apply using the following link for an expedited application process: https://tinyurl.com/BloodDonorAmbassadorVolunteer
- If you are age 16-17, please apply by visiting: www.redcross.org/volunteer
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
431 18TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross. Your time talent can make a real difference in people's lives. Please join our team today.