In-Home Academic Tutor
REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
Who Are We?
ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever increasing globalized society. We strive to provide local language learning opportunities in Arabic, English, Spanish and Mandarin through our enrichment programs to youth and adults, regardless of socioeconomic background.
Purpose of Position: Provide 1:1 in-home academic tutoring to students based upon identified student need. Tutor is responsible for conducting 45 minute tutoring sessions with 15 minute feedback discussion with parent/caregiver in Spanish.(Must be fluent in Spanish)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct interactive and engaging tutoring sessions in English and provide 15 minute debrief with caregiver in Spanish
- Plan and prepare dynamic, student-centered, and communicative-focused sessions
- Communicate student progress with parents and teachers
- Provide E-Learning support as needed and assess household training/tech needs to support student success
- Commit to regular training and professional development
- Record and report student progress after each session
- Collaborative team environment
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of Spanish
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of English
- Coursework in language instruction pedagogy, teacher education, or related field
- Experience working with students ages 5-12
- Able to express and garner enthusiasm about learning to young children
- Experience in creating educational resources to support student learning
- Proficient in collaborative technological tools to enhance student success
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults through language and cultural enrichment programs.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.