Event Coordinator (Volunteer)
NEVADA WOMENS LOBBY INC
Must participate fully as a member of the Nevada Women's Lobby Steering Committee and:
- Be committed to the mission, policies, programs, needs, and strategic direction
- Serve as an active advocate and ambassador and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary to advance the mission of the Nevada Women's Lobby
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in monthly board meetings
- Participate in one or more committees
Perform the duties for the Event Coordinator:
- Plan, coordinate and implement event details and logistical support (including seating, dining and guests) for Grassroots Lobby Days (every legislative session), as well as other events.
- Establish relationships with venues
- Manage events and anticipate potential problems
About NEVADA WOMENS LOBBY INC
PO BOX 5565, RENO, NV 89513, US
Nevada Women’s Lobby is a voice for women and children: - We are dedicated to equity, non-violence and reproductive choice. - The lives of all people are inherently valuable and worthy of respect and dignity; therefore, we actively work to remove barriers of race, class, age, gender, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression. - Beginning with our own actions and language, we promote non-violence in all aspects of personal, economic and organizational relationships. - We support every woman’s right to reproductive choice and self-determination.
The Nevada Women’s Lobby is a Nevada non-partisan coalition of organizations and individual women and men who are committed to women and families in Nevada. NWL was formed in 1988 and founded in 1989 to improve the status of women and children by lobbying public officials and lawmakers.