UN Women USA LA Audio Visual Technician
UN Women USA LA Chapter
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of global women and girls? Are you eager to create a safer, more equitable world for women and girls?
About UN Women
UN Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women was created to accelerate progress on meeting the needs of underserved women & girls worldwide.
About UN Women USA LA
UN Women USA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
Call for Volunteers!
UN Women USA LA advocates on behalf of UN Women locally throughout the Los Angeles region. UN Women USA LA is accepting applications for 1-2 Audio Visual (A/V) Technicians to be a part of an inspiring team dedicated to supporting UN Women projects that span 100 countries around the globe! The Audio Visual Technicians report to the Events Director. Find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn @UNWomenLA.
Audio Visual Technicians are responsible for the following:
- Set up, run, and manage the "behind-the-scene"s of our online events conducted on Zoom
- Ensure seamless run-of-show during a live event, including the interaction with hosts and participants, presentation of slides, management of sound and video, etc.
- Working collaboratively with the Events team before, during, and after events
- Must have experience working with Zoom or similar online video conferencing platforms
- Experience with Zoom Pro/Business, Zoom Webinar, or Zoom Rooms is a plus
- Experience streaming a live event on Youtube/Facebook Live is a plus
- Experience with general video editing and upload is a plus
- Background in Technology, Audio/Visual, Engineering, or Digital Media
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Have some general institutional knowledge of UN Women and/or willing to learn quickly on the job;
- Have a passion for the United Nations Women, Women's rights, and social justice;
- Have some experience in the nonprofit sector/organizational management;
- Have experience directing and organizing a team and preferably a team of interns;
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and personable;
- Have the emotional maturity to discuss sensitive subject matters;
- Have strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Have the ability to correspond regularly via email, telephone/video chat, and in-person meetings
- Time Requirement: 5-10 hours/week, potentially more during the week of our events
If you are interested in any of these positions, please respond directly to this posting and upload your resume. Alternatively, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you!
FOR MORE INFO/INQUIRIES:
We look forward to your submissions!
About UN Women USA LA Chapter
2 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
UN Women USA LA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA is a multi-community-based effort. As such, we maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter strives to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. We endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women.