39 people are interested
Bring a smile to a neighbor - deliver a meal!
ORGANIZATION: MEALS ON WHEELS OF EASTERN ONONDAGA COUNTY INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
39 people are interested
Meals on Wheels of Eastern Onondaga County delivers fresh hot lunches Monday through Friday around the noontime hour. Some of our clients will receive frozen meals on Friday so they will have meals for the weekend. Your responsibility as a volunteer is to reliably deliver these meals to the homebound elderly and disabled recipients. Your time and effort make a difference in our community!! When you work on behalf of Meals on Wheels our clients immediately benefit from the nutritious meals and the love, concern, hope and friendship that you offer.
1. Deliver the meals promptly and in a safe manner
2. Try to see and briefly say hello to the client each time you deliver
3. Call the Meals on Wheels office if a client is not home
4. Check on the well-being of clients and report any changes to the office
A friendly disposition and the ability to work independently, weekday availability between 11-1, a reliable vehicle, a valid NYS driver’s license, and current automobile insurance.
11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Weekdays: pickup of meals at 11:00, deliver until done, typically 1-1 1/2 hours
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About MEALS ON WHEELS OF EASTERN ONONDAGA COUNTY INC
7248 Highbridge Road, Fayetteville, NY 13066, US
Meals on Wheels of Eastern Onondaga County’s mission is to provide nutritionally balanced and delicious tasting food to people unable to prepare or provide healthy meals for themselves; enabling healthy independence and facilitating aging at home.
Our Volunteers offer Food & Friendship, delivering hot and cold meals five days a week to anyone in need of tasty, nutritionally balanced meals for any reason. We serve the East Syracuse, Minoa, Kirkville, Bridgeport, Fayetteville, Manlius, Jamesville, DeWitt, Fabius, Pompey, LaFayette, and Tully communities.
- We visit almost 200 of your home bound neighbors every day
- We serve over 100,000 meals annually
- More than 200 of your caring neighbors volunteer with us
- Grateful clients receive nutritionally balanced and delicious tasting meals that they would not be able to prepare for themselves
- 92% of seniors receiving Meals on Wheels in NYS say it helps keep them independent and at home
7248 Highbridge RoadMOW Site within Good Shepherd Lutheran ChurchFayetteville, NY 13066
September 17, 2023
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Typical commitment is 1-11/2 hours, one day a week. We work with your availability schedule. Always looking for driver substitutes willing to deliver occasionally, as needed.
- Reliable automobile with current insurance, ability to lift a 5-10 lb cooler