Urgent Need: Disaster Shelter Service Associate (Anson County)
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
American Red Cross needs you NOW! Due to the current active hurricane and wildfire seasons along with the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross continues to need thousands of volunteers to care for people in communities who have been struck by disaster. We have an urgent need NOW for Red Cross Shelter Volunteers.
Disaster Shelter Service Associate duties/requirements include:
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID-19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster
- Complete training and tasks necessary for shelter operations
- Provide assistance to disaster clients
- Provide excellent customer service while working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter
- Embody the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross
Training: All training is available online 24/7. To become a fully trained Red Cross Shelter volunteer you will need to complete five (5) hours of training. Training should be completed within two (2) days once it is assigned to you.
Time Commitment: Red Cross Shelter Volunteers should expect and plan to deploy (most likely to a hurricane or wildfire) following completion of training. Deployment means traveling (Red Cross arranges travel and pays expenses) to a disaster area for a minimum of 14 days working between 8-12 hour shifts.
To Apply NOW - Please visit:
If you have questions, please let me know
Sabrina Beasley-Cline/ Recruitment Specialist
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
431 18TH ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20006, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross. Your time talent can make a real difference in people's lives. Please join our team today.